lunes, 12 de septiembre de 2011

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

You know how sometimes, when you are little, you can’t understand some things and you wonder every day why me? Well, now that I am older and I can finally see things clearly, I know that everything happens for a good reason.
When I was 6 years old, my parents divorced. I was an only child then. My mom used to study or work all day, so I hardly spent time with her. My dad, on the other hand, had his own company at the time so he had more free time.  He came home around 6 in the afternoon, so every day when he came back from work we played hide and seek or tag, also when you are a kid you haven’t learn to appreciate the gift of sleep so you wake up very early in the morning on weekends, and I wanted to play or watch a movie, so I came into my parents room and wake them up so they would come with me to see a movie or something. My mom was dead tired after a long week of work, so my dad and I would watch a Disney movie every morning.
I never noticed that there was any kind of trouble between my parents, they always seemed happy to me. Suddenly, soon after New Year, they came to me and we all sat in the living room. They began with the “I love you” and “this has nothing to do with you” and all the other things parents say to try and reassure you that it is not your fault that they are divorcing.  finally they told me they were splitting up. I cried for weeks, months probably. It was really hard for me. My dad was my company and my best friend. We spent so much time together, and my mom was always so busy.
I blamed my mom for their divorce for about 8 years. I thought she was not good enough for him, that she could have been better. I always loved her, don’t get me wrong, but for me in my mind she was wrong and my dad was right, for me she took my best friend away.
I never had the best relationship with my mom because of that. Later I started to go to a psychologist, why? No idea my parents just thought it was best for me to talk to someone. As we were coming to the end of the therapy, my psychology started to talk about my parents divorce, which I never discuss with anyone. She asked me what did I think where the reasons why my parents split up. For some weird reason, I said the first thing, the first thing that came into my mind, and unfortunately it was truth. I was so disappointed of everything because in my head I had created a whole different reality from what it really was.  
At the moment I could not stop thinking why me? How could I be so dumb not to see things how they really were? Why did my parents hide the truth from me all of these years? I had so many questions and so little answers. Of course answers came to me later on by themselves.
Now that I’m older I can finally understand how everything happens for a reason. A reason that is always for the greater good for everyone involved.
I learned a lot of things from this experience. Good things that will help me solve problems better and save me some pain, and not so good things that I learned not to do in the future.
I'm sure both my parents learned a lot from this too.  For me they have become better persons and grow as human beings since they are apart. They have reached their goals and become great professionals. I admire them and respect them, but mostly I love them above everything. They have been amazing teachers throughout my life and made me the person that I am today.  
I would not change a thing about what happen in the past, because in the end, it turned out to be the best for my parents and for me.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario